Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Customer Service Manager in Malaysia:
| +60 12 2926 4997 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
[If you know the name of the Hiring Manager, personalise your application by addressing the person directly. Job ads on LinkedIn, for example, display the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Customer Service Manager
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Customer Service Manager at XYZ Company. Throughout my 6-year career within APAC, I’ve come to excel in customer service operations, with a proven track record in driving service efficiency, customer retention and acquisition, quality assurance, and workflow optimisation. As a strategic-minded problem solver who has completely remodelled customer service SOPs across multiple industries, I am highly familiar with customer service processes, from translating strategies into results-driven initiatives aligned with customers’ needs, to managing teams and developing talent. As such, I am confident that I will be able to elevate the customer service experience at XYZ Company. [Match your skills and strengths to the job and industry requirements, and provide a brief overview of your work experience.]
- Presently, I am a Customer Support Manager at ABC Company, where I direct a team of 45 local and regional staff in customer service support for our Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand markets with an annual turnover of MYR6M, ensuring exceptional customer service, team growth and prompt resolution for all issues with minimal incident.
- Amongst my various achievements in this role, I am proud to have spearheaded a new workflow process that optimised the management of incoming customer enquiries, improving service efficiency by 85% and capacity by 150%. More significantly, under my leadership, my team has achieved a quality assurance rating of 98% steadily for the past 2 years, which has landed me ABC Company’s 2019 Employee Excellence Award. [Highlight key working experiences that are relevant to the target role, as well as your best achievements and include metrics to substantiate your accomplishments. This is all the more crucial for performance-oriented roles such as a Customer Service Manager.]
XYZ Company is a regional e-commerce platform with its social community at the heart of its operations. My deep experience in customer service management and passion for bringing out the best in my team, coupled with my proven communication and analytical skills, will allow me to contribute effectively to XYZ Company’s continued growth and performance, helping to deliver a consistent service standard and exceed customers’ expectations. [Showcase more skills the recruiter is looking for, as well as any additional competencies that will give you an edge. Communication and relational skills, for instance, are key for a people-centric role such as this.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned organisation, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ Company. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +60 12 2926 4997 or by email at email@example.com. [Always end your Cover Letter with a call-to-action. Show excitement to meet the potential recruiter and offer ways you can be contacted.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Customer Service Manager Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of Cover Letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Customer Service Manager Role
In today’s competitive business climate, there are no shortcuts to fostering customer trust and loyalty!
Businesses must consistently offer quality customer experiences and deliver on promises. With time, these make all the difference in driving customer retention, purchasing decisions, and hence, business growth.
And that’s where Customer Service Managers come in.
A Customer Service Manager is a senior leader responsible for leading and motivating customer service teams to raise and maintain high customer satisfaction rates, while keeping business interests in mind.
As Customer Service Manager, you oversee customer service operations, develop effective customer service policies, procedures and standards, and coordinate teams to ensure goals and KPIs are met.
There are significant differences in the responsibilities of a Customer Service Manager in a B2B or B2C company. B2B service issues are often more complex with critical revenue implications involved, whereas in a B2C environment, the service issues are typically more straight-forward, with little to no repeat tickets.
Depending on the company you’re gunning for, do ensure that you customise your Cover Letter accordingly to show you have the chops to resolve these customer (business/consumer) pain points.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Customer Service Manager Cover Letters
Here are our top Customer Service Manager Cover Letter writing tips:
- Results and metrics, such as ticket volume, average resolution time, average response time, customer satisfaction score, customer service efficiency and quality assurance rating, are crucial to substantiate your competence in driving customer acquisition and retention.
- Highlight the size of the team you manage, as well as the various markets, if any. This shows the depth of your experience in team management, leadership and communication skills, which are pivotal requirements for the position.
- Show you are an effective problem solver! As a Customer Service Manager, you must be skilled at resolving issues, and identifying opportunities to develop and implement workflow processes, strategies, as well as other operational standards to boost customer service experience as a whole.
Customer Service Manager Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Malaysia to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Malaysia
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Malaysia job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
The consultation is free and completely non-obligatory