Here’s a sample Cover Letter we recently produced for a Project Manager in Malaysia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Project Manager Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In Project Manager Cover Letter
- Project Manager Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Project Manager Cover Letter [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Project Manager Cover Letter sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
[If you know the name of the Hiring Manager, personalise your application by addressing the person directly. Job ads on LinkedIn, for example, display the name of the person posting the ad.]
It is with great interest that I submit my application for the position of Project Manager (E-commerce and Digital) at XYZ Co. With over 8 years’ of product marketing experience in e-commerce, digital media management, analytics and partnership management, I have successfully conceptualised and implemented digital roadmaps to grow audiences, increase sales, improve revenue, and enhance operational efficiency. I’ve led teams 9 strong, scaled a digital business by 150% in 2 years, and directed senior stakeholder engagement and annual business planning. Therefore, I am confident that I am an ideal candidate for the Project Manager (E-commerce and Digital) position. [This section summarizes your work experience as a Project Manager in the e-commerce and digital space, which will help give the hiring manager an idea of what you can do.]
- Presently, I am an Assistant Project Manager with 123 Inc, where I am responsible for creating end-to-end digital solutions for more than 20 clients, managing projects of up to MYR 40K in budget, and delivering creative projects that garner >50M audience impressions.
- Amongst my various achievements during my tenure, I am most proud of having spearheaded digital product growth through new market segments, directing the scoping and management of 7 website revamps for a single client, and bringing in >MYR 50K in new revenue within a 1 year period. [Cite a recent achievement that has quantifiable metrics to support your capabilities. Do be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
Throughout my career, I’ve been able to lead digital product growth, enhance profitability and performance, and deploy effective market and business strategy. With my years of experience, as well as my extensive skills and expertise, I am well-equipped to flourish in any digital product management role. I am positive I will be able to bring significant value to XYZ Co. [Focus on complementary skills that were not previously mentioned, but are directly relevant to the target role, which the firm could be looking for.]
I am excited at the possibility of joining a firm such as yours and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +60 12 9876 2345 or by email at email@example.com. [To wrap up, do include your contact details, so that the hiring manager can follow up with you easily for next steps.]
About the Project Manager (E-Commerce and Digital) Role
The E-Commerce and Digital Project Manager is responsible for coordinating various digital projects, working with technical, creative, and production teams to make things happen. These projects could include:
- Launching a new website with e-commerce features
- Conceptualising digital roadmaps to drive and expand audience base
- Enhancing operational efficiency to improve a company’s digital presence
The E-commerce and Digital Project Manager decides what technical changes to make, which platforms to use – web, tablet, or mobile, and which marketing channels to increase user activity – organic SEO, paid SEM, social networks, displays, partnerships and affiliates, or email marketing.
She or he also plans for future developments to the company’s digital technology roadmap, such as redesigns, or improvements to initial versions.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have working knowledge of marketing technology and web development tools HTML, PHP, ASP, .NET, etc. That will enable you to propose solutions to the problems encountered.
As you’ll oversee projects from start to finish, you must have the ability to analyse problems, identify potential solutions, and organise and motivate teams to develop and implement solutions.
What Hiring Managers Look For in Project Manager (E-Commerce and Digital) Cover Letters
- Provide a strong opening paragraph that communicates your key strengths in project management, and breadth of the digital projects you’ve managed. This gives the hiring manager a clearer idea of your capabilities.
- List your most significant achievements that involve digital proficiency, time and resource management, problem-solving abilities, and creativity. Explaining how these achievements align with the job you’re applying for helps establish your value with the hiring manager.
- Ensure you include keywords relevant to the job description! In the case of a Project Manager (E-Commerce and Digital), this includes role-specific keywords such as ‘digital media management’, and skill keywords such as ‘problem solving’, or ‘analytical skills’, that are vital to the role.
Project Manager Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.