Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an Operations Manager in Malaysia.
Tel.: +60 12 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Malaysian
- Operations Manager with robust experience in developing and executing company-wide business strategies and action plans across IT and e-commerce industries
- Instrumental in supporting start-up of new operations in Malaysia, Malaysia, and Philippines. Managed team of 20 writers to achieve annual sales target of USD 500’000 for all offices
- Strong track record for reducing processing time or new orders by 25% through streamlining procedures and optimising manpower
- Proven ability to handle customer service and reduce customer complaint response time from 48 hours to 6 hours by implementing priority customer management and corrective and preventive action procedures
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. If you can quantify your current role and mention it on the summary, it will help scale yout current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Strategic Planning & Implementation||Staff Development & Retention|
|Sales & Market Analysis||Stakeholder Management|
|Budget & PL Management||Project Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key operations management phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
WRITE IT PERFECT PTE LTD, Malaysia
- Oversee day-to-day operations of leading firm in Malaysia that provides CV writing and job hunting businesses to local and foreign clients. Support operations for new offices in Malaysia, Singapore, and Philippines [This is a good opening line as it clearly states the focus of responsibility and what the company does. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly the what the role is about.]
- Lead team of 20 writers, 4 resume consultants, and 2 career mentors to achieve annual sales target of USD 500’000. Supervise team in managing client orders, discussing requirements, scheduling interviews, and ensuring settlement of payments [This line greatly demonstrates the candidate’s management skills. Mention the teams and/or departments you are supervising in order to establish your managerial function.]
- Analyse existing organisational procedures to conceptualise and roll out process improvement strategies; manage multiple internal stakeholders and liaise closely with technology team to coordinate website management and optimisation techniques with minimal disruption to business [Operations is about process improvement and roll out. Make sure to talk about this in your work description.]
- Implement long-term business strategies and manage company’s P&L. Achieve set number of client orders and agreed budgeted targets, and deliver annual budgeted EBITDA and profit targets [Exposure to the financial side business also boosts your profile.]
- In-charge of determining KPIs and goals for resume writers and mentors; lead appraisals and promotions for staff who are performing beyond expectations
- Assist with customer service; communicate closely with existing clients and potential customers regarding inquiries on services, pricing, process, and offers [Show that you also have hands-on experience in the business.]
- Instrumental in meeting monthly sales target of USD 40’000 through performing sales and market analysis, strategic planning, and P&L management. Pivotal in increasing annual profit by 25% year on year [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Successfully reduced processing time or new orders from 24 hours to 2 hours through process and manpower optimisation [The more data you provide, the better.]
- Implemented new case assignment procedure for writers which increased initial response rate to clients by 80% and reduced client’s complaints response time from 48 hours to 6 hours.
SALES & OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE Feb 2010 – Apr 2013
- Led sales strategy planning and execution for one of Asia’s leading e-commerce website.Work with team of 12 sales executives to achieve monthly sales target USD 100’000 [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Reviewed and refined sales process and incorporated resource management functions to achieve firm deals visibility and maximise resource allocation and allocation
- Liaised closely with Marketing team to brainstorm and implement strategic marketing tactics that will drive sales and achieve profit
- Instrumental in exceeding revenue targets by 200% after integrating sales operations with resource management over two quarters
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Management, SIM | 2009
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, basic HTML
- Languages: English, Mandarin, and Bahasa Melayu
- Availability: 2 months’ notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Operations Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of CV samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Operations Manager Role
An operations manager is responsible for overseeing the entire business’s operations, including analysing statistics, managing budget and expenses, as well as reading and writing reports. It is the operations manager’s task to ensure that the organisation is running as smoothly and efficiently as it possibly can, with a profitable service that meets the expectations and requirements of its customers.
Managing a company’s operations is, therefore, a crucial function in many organisations in Malaysia. This is the reason why there are many operations management jobs available. However, to be hired, it’s not enough to know that you have the right skills for the job. You also need to be able to prove yourself as the right candidate for the position through your CV.
If you need help crafting an operations manager resume that stands out, here is our step-by-step guide that should help you write that winning resume.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in an Operations Manager Resume:
- Ability to Plan and Control Change: Many businesses are shifting towards an agile model of business execution where changes are done quickly and easily. An excellent operations manager should therefore not only be able to keep up with these changes, but plan and control them, more importantly. Showcase projects and programs where you were able to lead a successful change and its positive result to the entire business.
- Ability to Manage Operations Cost Effectively: Along with overseeing the day-to-day activities in the office and employees’ execution of their functions, office managers also manage costs associated with the business’ operations. A great operations manager can utilise existing operations budget effectively and even achieve savings without sacrificing quality of technology, tools, and/or manpower.
- Flexibility & Versatility: Highlight your flexibility and versatility in directing various organisational functions in an organisation, including (but not limited to) procurement, logistics, hiring and recruitment, staff management, product management, and process implementation. Additionally, speak about how you are capable of motivating a team and leading staff towards achievement of overall business goals.
Additional Operations Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Business operations management cover a broad field of knowledge and discipline, and the specific responsibilities will vary from one organisation to another. It is, therefore, important to highlight the specific areas of your expertise and the nature of businesses you’ve managed. This will not only keep a focus on your profile, but will also give an idea to hiring managers whether or not you would be a great fit to a specific operations manager role.
- Aside from speaking about your operational, strategic, and management skills, make sure to mention quantifiable results that you were able to achieve from the policies and/or processes you’ve implemented. Numbers are a great way to support the success of your current and previous roles.
Operations Manager Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Malaysia to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Malaysia
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Malaysia job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
The consultation is free and completely non-obligatory