Here’s a sample Cover Letter we recently produced for a IT Sales Director in Malaysia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the IT Sales Director Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In IT Sales Director Cover Letter
- IT Sales Director Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
IT Sales Director Cover Letter [Full Sample]
Here’s a full IT Sales Director Cover Letter sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
[If you know the name of the Hiring Manager, personalise your application by addressing the person directly. Job ads on LinkedIn, for example, display the name of the person posting the ad.]
It is with great interest that I submit my application for the position of IT Sales Director at XYZ company. With more than 20 years’ experience driving sales, business development, and partnership growth, I’ve had the opportunity to oversee end-to-end recruitment and client acquisition process, and clinch strong recurring revenue stream through effective relationship management. My experience with sales and business development, combined with my passion for technology and innovation, would allow me to solve critical challenges facing our customer’s secure environment. With my proven track record leading sales and solution delivery, I am confident I am an ideal candidate for XYZ company. [Summarise your work experiences as an IT Sales Director, which will help give the hiring manager an idea of your best skills and focus areas. Metrics help to establish context and scale for your work.]
- Presently, I am an IT Sales Director with ABC Company, where I oversee business and partnership growth and development. I developed and managed existing client portfolio, commercial development, and sales lead generation, driving corporate sales and ensuring business sustainability. [Focus again on your key skills as required by the job ad. Highlight relevant working experiences and that are directly relevant to the target job role.]
- Among my various achievements during my career, I am most proud of having increased regional revenue to MYR35M with growth excess of 50% within 3 years, and generated >MYR2M of revenue within 1 year of introducing new IT product solutions to clients. [Highlight your best achievements and include quantifiable metrics where possible to support your capabilities. However, do be mindful of your company’s confidentiality clause in mentioning actual revenues/sales figures.]
My background in establishing effective business partnerships, identifying and capitalising on new sales opportunities, and implementing strategic and tactical sales plan will allow me to contribute effectively to XYZ company’s continued growth and performance, particularly by connecting clients with a solution for every stage of threat prevention. [Focus on complementary skills that were not previously mentioned, but are directly relevant to the target job role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ company. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +60 12 9876 2345 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [End off your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your enthusiasm in meeting your potential employer, and provide them ways you can be contacted.]
About the IT Sales Director Role
An IT Sales Director is a high-level executive who is responsible for generating revenue for the organisation with an in-depth understanding of IT services and solutions.
The director’s main focus is to drive revenue growth within IT & Digital services and solutions/products. Typically, this involves identifying and developing new business opportunities, and directing all sales activities within the organisation to increase sales.
An IT Sales Director is also required to lead the sales team, with the aim of driving and improving the team’s performance to achieve sales targets.
Strong business acumen, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication and leadership are key skills to excel in this role.
What Hiring Managers Look for in IT Sales Director Cover Letters
- The IT industry is extremely broad! Emphasise your knowledge of the IT industry by clearly describing your area of expertise and skills e.g. cloud-based solutions, ICT, Fintech, etc. Identify specifically what you can bring to the role and organisation – this helps the hiring manager to assess that you are an ideal fit.
- Use numbers to highlight tangible business results you’ve achieved i.e. % revenue gain, key accounts captured, cost savings, market penetration, or any other achievements within a time period.
- Excellent communication and people skills are critical for this role! Showcase your ability to communicate and work effectively with teams and key stakeholders across organisational levels, as well as nurture and maintain relationships with key partners and clients.
- Speak about IT projects and sales strategies which you have spearheaded and led. As a high-level executive, you will be expected to set strategic direction, and effectively manage teams to deliver on projects and achieve sales goals.
IT Sales Director Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.