Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for an Investment Analyst in Malaysia:
| +80 12 1234 5678 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Dear Hiring Manager,
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, personalise and address them directly. LinkedIn job ads, for example, often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Investment Analyst
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Investment Analyst at ABC Bank. The possibility of working for your company, a leading player in the investment banking industry, greatly appeals to me. Since leading the development of high-impact investment strategies and growing financial models with a high degree of accuracy from the ground-up, I have acquired extensive experience in the various aspects and nuances of investment banking, and I am confident my skills make me an ideal candidate for the position of Investment Analyst [Match your skills and strengths to the job and industry requirements, and include a brief overview of your experience.]
- In my most recent position as an Investment Banking Analyst with CDE Bank, I perform various financing, comparative and pro forma analyses, including trading & transaction comparables as well as discounted cash flow for consumer, consumer, healthcare, logistics and industrial clients in the South East Asia region. My demonstrated success in advising C-level suite investment managers in a spectrum of deals including both buy and sell-side M&A, acquisition financing, bond, debt and equity financings — along with my expertise in financial models and tools — positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your firm. Significantly, during my tenure, I was involved in USD100m bridge financing for XYZ for land acquisition in China, as well as a billion-dollar sell-side M&A.
- Previously, as a Junior Analyst at CDE Bank, I undertook a broad range of trading and analytical operations, at times overseeing the preparation of outreach material such as investment decks and prospectuses. I also managed Business Credit Applications (BCA) from end-to-end, covering a diversified portfolio of clients through due diligence reviews and comprehensive KYC checks, including OXY Group, one of the largest Malaysian conglomerates with a facility size of more than RM 150m. As an integral part of our private equity team, I researched and interpreted financial information, and prepared bid letters, mandates, investment term sheets and initial review memos for prospective million-dollar deals as part of our overarching sales strategy. Amongst my various achievements, I am most proud of supporting LKPM’s expansion by assisting with due diligence, budget analysis and revision of financial model. [Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
In my various positions, I have forged robust working relationships with colleagues and external partners alike, and a good command of Chinese and Bahasa greatly facilitated communication in the transaction processes. With a deep understanding of financial markets and comprehensive domain knowledge of mergers and acquisitions, I will be able to deliver insightful financial analysis and strategies in support of ABC Bank’s high-profile and prominent transactions. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to an opportunity to meet for further discussion. I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of your firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss how I can most effectively contribute my diverse and substantial range of experience and skills to your organization’s continued success. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +80 12 1234 5678 or via email at email@example.com. [Close your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide your contact details.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Data Analyst Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Investment Analyst Role
Do you possess a strong analytical mind? Are you a strategic planner with financial expertise and excellent communication skills? Then being an investment analyst might be the right role for you.
Investment analysts, sometimes known as securities analysts or financial analysts, carry out research on markets and investment opportunities, create financial models, and produce analytical reports and recommendations on stocks, bonds or other investment securities. There are roles for investment analysts in various types of firms, ranging from brokerages, banks and hedge funds.
What does an Investment Analyst Malaysia career path look like?
Employers prefer candidates with qualifications in finance, accounting, business administration or management.
When starting out in the field as a junior analyst, your job scope may heavily comprise data collection and creating and updating financial spreadsheets, while gaining on the job analytical experience.
As you progress to a senior role, you’ll focus and hone your expertise in a specific securities category.
Your job scope will evolve to include planning and conducting new research projects, communicating with industry contacts, and delivering strategic advice and presenting research results to firm management, sales agents, or clients.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Investment Analyst Cover Letters
Here are our top Investment Analyst Cover Letter writing tips:
- Demonstrate your breadth of experience by mentioning your knowledge of various financial instruments and your focus industries.
- Prove that your stellar analytical and research capabilities have been instrumental to the success of your firm or bank’s projects and transactions. Cite specific examples.
- Remember metrics are crucial! Ensure to single out your best achievements – use numbers to substantiate the scale of the project you have managed or supported, and quantify the project’s success.
- Beyond possessing an analytical mind, effective communication and presentation skills are key to excelling as an investment analyst. Show how you’ve forged strong working relationships with your clients and team.
Data Analyst Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Malaysia to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Malaysia
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Malaysia job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
The consultation is free and completely non-obligatory