Here’s a sample Cover Letter we recently produced for a Senior Finance Manager in Malaysia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Finance Manager Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In Finance Manager Cover Letter
- Finance Manager Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Finance Manager Cover Letter [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Finance Manager Cover Letter sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, personalise and address them directly. LinkedIn job ads, for example, often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of APAC Finance Director at PalsPay. The opportunity to design the future of Asia’s financial landscape with your company, a leading global financial services provider, is incredibly exciting. For over 12 years, I have led financial operations at renowned Global MNCs like PalsPay, including Facebook and Twitter. I possess deep domain expertise across multiple Finance-related fields, specializing particularly in FP&A and Risk Modelling. I also perform advisory duties to C-Level Management, providing insights into business health to support strategic and growth planning operations across the Asia-Pacific Region. Therefore, I am confident my skills make me an ideal candidate for the APAC Finance Director position offered by PalsPay. [Match your skills and strengths to the job and industry requirements, and include a brief overview of your experience.]
- In my most recent position as APAC Finance Manager with Facebook, I lead a team of 16 staff to oversee a full spectrum of finance functions across APAC. I also liaise directly with the Group CFO on a full spectrum of financial matters relating to business strategy, performance management, budgeting, forecasting, cash management and sales analysis. These financial functions draw annual revenues in excess of USD 1B. My demonstrated success in strategic financial roadmapping, along with my expertise in financial models and tools, position me to create a positive impact on your firm.
- Previously, as FP&A Manager at Twitter San Francisco, I managed an overall P&L of >USD 200M for 2 engineering teams based in the USA. I also assisted Senior Management with strategic decision making by conducting monthly financial analyses. Amongst my various Achievements, I am most proud of supporting Twitter’s NASDAQ IPO in 2013. During my tenure, I spearheaded an overhaul of our business processes to shorten finance reporting times in order to comply with quarterly reporting requirements. I also liaised with external vendors to customize SAP FICO modules to accurately report cost of employee stock options in US GAAP financial statement reports. Before our IPO, we received no audit failures or penalties from authorities.[Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
In my various positions, I have had the opportunity to further my career in Singapore and the United States. I have also forged robust working relationships with colleagues and external partners alike in China, Malaysia and across Asia. With demonstrated cross-cultural experiences and professional networks across the Asian Financial Industry, together with comprehensive domain knowledge of international financial reporting standards, I am confident in my ability to deliver insightful financial analyses and strategies in support of PalsPay’s expansion and transactions across APAC. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to an opportunity to meet for further discussion. I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of your firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss how I can most effectively contribute my diverse and substantial range of experience and skills to your organization’s continued success. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +60 12 1234 5678 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Close your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide your contact details.]
About the Senior Finance Manager Role
A senior finance manager role may come across as routine and process driven, particularly with regards to month end and statutory reporting. However, the truth is, it can also be challenging and interesting! Reporting is just a small part of the role, and a financial controller can be responsible for treasury, tax, financial planning and growing of commercial business partnerships, just to name a few. Depending on your specialisation, your role will likely differ.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Senior Finance Manager Role Cover Letters
- Demonstrate your breadth of experience by mentioning your knowledge of various financial instruments and your focus industries.
- Remember metrics are crucial! Ensure to single out your best achievements – use numbers to substantiate the scale of the project you have managed or supported, and quantify the project’s success.
- Beyond possessing an analytical mind, effective communication and presentation skills are key to excelling as a Finance Manager. Show how you’ve forged strong working relationships with your clients and team.
Senior Finance Manager Role Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Malaysia to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.