Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Cybersecurity Manager in Malaysia:
| +60 12 1234 5678 | email@example.com |
Dear Hiring Manager,
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, personalise and address them directly. LinkedIn job ads, for example, often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Cybersecurity Manager
I’m thrilled to apply for the position of Cybersecurity Manager at XYZ Company. Through my >5-years’ experience advising and developing IT solutions within the manufacturing, insurance business and petrochemical industries across APAC, I’ve come to specialize in developing and executing strategic cybersecurity roadmaps, deploying security and compliance requirements, and leading productive and well-integrated teams. I possess demonstrable technical expertise and knowledge of best practices for core security monitoring & response services, regulatory compliance, and security incident response management domains. With my proven track record of successful IT infrastructure and industrial product implementations, I am positive that I am an ideal candidate for XYZ Company. [This section summarizes your work experience as a Cybersecurity and IT Professional, which will help give the hiring manager an idea of what you can do.]
- In my current role as Regional Manager for Information Security (IS) & ICT with ABC Inc., I consult with group subsidiaries across APAC to drive implementation of IS, Risk Management and ICT strategic plans. In addition, I collaborate closely with global HQ Information Management to formulate plans that align with the International Group’s IS Policy. Beyond these, I provide key advisory in establishing risk monitoring mechanisms and reporting structures, and ensure APAC subsidiaries’ compliance with HQ IS standards. Amongst my various achievements, I’m most proud of conceptualizing a 3-year IS strategic roadmap and ongoing action plans within 12 months for APAC subsidiaries, setting up and delivering ITIL best practices and governance. [Cite a recent achievement that has quantifiable metrics to support your capabilities. Do be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
XYZ Company is renowned for leveraging lean and agile methodologies to deploy software quickly and efficiently, and continuously delivering industry-leading products. My deep understanding of today’s digital practices & trends, combined with my practical experience in driving and implementing strategic IS and ICT plans, allows me to effectively translate business and user requirements into actionable IT business cases. With my ability to articulate project design recommendations and deploy solutions continuously and rapidly, I’m confident of contributing effectively to XYZ Company’s growth and performance. Focus on complementary skills that were not previously mentioned, but are directly relevant to the target role, which the firm could be looking for.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ Company. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +60 12 1234 5678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [To wrap up, do include your contact details, so that the hiring manager can follow up with you easily for next steps.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Cybersecurity Manager Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Cybersecurity Role
Cybersecurity is a niche but growing subsector in the Information Technology industry, with roles such as security engineers, testers and architects only set to become more in demand in the future.
With the seismic shift towards all things digital, online security is more important now than ever. These factors are driving demand for skilled Cybersecurity experts.
Cybersecurity professionals are frequently on the lookout for software and infrastructure vulnerabilities in company systems or technology. They adopt a proactive and preventive stance, designing tests and controls that guard against cyber attacks before they actually happen.
Seasoned Cybersecurity experts may even set up their own Cybersecurity consultancies or practices that work independently with corporate clients. While the field is niche, it is a high-growth sector with plenty of lucrative and exciting opportunities.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Cybersecurity Cover Letters
Here are our top Cybersecurity Cover Letter writing tips:
Cybersecurity is a niche sector in the IT Industry, so it is not uncommon for recruiters to be unfamiliar with the intricacies of the role. It is therefore important to ensure your cover letter succinctly and clearly conveys your skills and strengths, such that it is easily understandable even to a general IT recruiter. To best play up your cover letter:
- Support your Achievements and Work Scopes with metrics. Cybersecurity professional typically have work KPIs that are highly quantifiable. Support your achievements and claims with numbers to effectively and clearly communicate the impact your work has made.
- Demonstrate a combination of hard and soft skills, and how you have applied these skills to solve real-life problems you have faced before.
Cybersecurity Manager Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Malaysia to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Malaysia
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Malaysia job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
The consultation is free and completely non-obligatory