Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an account manager in Malaysia
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Tel.: +60 12 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Malaysian
- Skilled marketing professional with 14 years’ of experience in sales and account management. Deep expertise in IT, e-commerce, and telecommunication industry [This opening line perfectly captures a strong summary]
- Outstanding track record for closing multi-million dollar contracts with key clientele through strong client acquisition and retention strategies from leading advertising agencies. [Career achievements like these help to make your CV memorable]
- Strong business acumen with ability to spot and capitalise on unique opportunities to grow business reputation and expertise
- Adept at leading sales and technical teams to successfully bid for projects within budget and resource restraints. Excellent interpersonal skills towards building relationships at all organisational levels
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Sales and Marketing||Staff Training|
|Account Management||Technical Sales|
|Strategic Planning||Customer Relationship Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key account management, sales, and marketing phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
iHUB MEDIA, Malaysia
- Spearhead management of key accounts in conceptualising and executing marketing strategies to meet clients’ targets and KPIs [The opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role]
- Handle overall business development and market strategy for key clients, liaising closely with cross functional teams in tailoring solutions and executing campaigns
- Deliver goal-oriented performance reviews to clients and provide suggestive directions in crafting and improving online marketing strategies
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and actively communicate with stakeholders to understand growth plans and availability of future contracts
- Successfully developed new business worth over USD1.5 million within 2 years of employment [Cite metrics to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Secured 80% client renewal rate for accounts worth up to USD2 million in annual value through active client relationship management [The more data you can show, the better]
- Awarded Top Sales Executive in 3 consecutive years from 2012 to 2014 [Don’t be shy to mention awards you’ve received. You’ve earned them!]
- Primary point of contact for agency’s newly won account. In charge of overall account management for SingTel, including business development and marketing communication strategies [Again, depending on your company’s or client’s confidentiality clause, you may want to specify the names of big accounts you’ve managed to add strength to your profile]
- Conceptualised, planned, and executed innovative online and traditional marketing strategies aimed to establish brand harmonisation, increase awareness, and achieve sales targets [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Oversaw design and production of digital and print materials for client within allocated timeline
- Consistently retained SingTel as key account for 5 years which resulted to MediaCorp revenue increase by 25% year on year [This achievement is very short, but the data speaks for itself.]
- Assisted local marketing team of MediaCorp in driving signature marketing campaigns that generated USD300,000 in revenue
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing & Finance), University of New South Wales | 1999-2002
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: Fluent in English, Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Account Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of CV samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Account Manager Role
Account management is more than just managing accounts and establishing strong client relationships. For sales and marketing professionals handling key accounts, it is important that they demonstrate their vital role in making a business profitable and successful on their resume.
To help you craft a well-written account manager resume sample, here is our comprehenisve guide with sample resume that you can refer to.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Account Manager Resumes
- Your ability to develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Your expertise in identifying untapped business opportunities, including negotiating with potential customers, and convincing them to place their business in the company
- Your knowledge in turning proposals into closed deals across multiple and varied sectors
- Significant quantifiable metrics that measure your success such as increase in sales month on month, annual revenue generated, and number of accounts managed.
Additional Account Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Make sure to mention big and global accounts you’ve handled. Show how you were able to drive growth to their business by identifying strategies you implemented and campaigns you rolled out.
- Speak about projects you’ve done to add efficiency to the team. A large contribution to success of of sales and marketing is speed. If you are able to influence rolling out of campaigns faster, you’ll be a tremendous asset to the organisation.
Account Management Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Malaysia to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Malaysia
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Malaysia job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
The consultation is free and completely non-obligatory