Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a E-Commerce Director in Malaysia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the E-Commerce Director Role
- What Hiring Managers Look For In E-Commerce Director Resumes
- E-Commerce Director Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
E-Commerce Director CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full E-Commerce Director resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
- Strategic E-commerce leader with >6 years’ experience developing high-impact e-capabilities development solutions, driving digital marketing strategy and sales transformation initiatives, and delivering high-growth revenue results within e-commerce retail and F&B industry across APAC.
- Demonstrable business acumen and expertise with digital practices & trends, DTC & new business models, omnichannel strategy and brand building; adept translating high-level information to key stakeholders for successful project implementations, advocating business efficiencies and improved customer experience.
- Natural team player, action-oriented and strategic planner for collaborative, multicultural and international environment, with ability to secure solid business relationships across organisational levels and externally.
- Brand building extending reach by +30% across APAC markets, and exceeded EC channel sales by RM185M with revenue CAGR of +21%, factoring for >60% of APAC business growth contribution. ~ ABC Inc.
- Successful onboarding of 4 key strategic markets in APAC as strategic digital acceleration plan, that grew digital FTE staff by 3 in 5 years and uplifted digital capabilities maturity by +30%. ~ ABC Inc.
- Accelerated ecommerce plans and grew opportunity pipeline significantly, through strategic partnerships with global key customer accounts (FGH Inc., JKL Ltd., UGC Co.). ~ ASD Co.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key phrases, which is necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Drive omni-channel brand transformation strategies, managing media planning budget of RM11M across 7 regions in APAC; deploy global digital asset strategy to elevate data analytics readiness, and pilot APAC T&L brand agenda. Oversee omni-channel sales transformation to support markets.[Opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role as it speaks about the size of the team and primary responsibility.]
- Support implementation and performance review of various global omni-channel brand campaigns and activations to deliver growth transformation.[Elaborate on your key responsibilities.]
- Build and deploy sales growth acceleration initiatives (perfect digital store, shopper marketing, ecommerce portfolio solutions, SRM), partnering markets through strategic business reviews to support execution.
- Identify D2C business opportunities, accelerate D2C marketing streams and existing digital assets, to optimise digital acquisition, conversion and retention through best-in-class brand experiences; define performance targets/KPIs to formalise regional D2C financial reporting.
- Partner HR and cross-functional teams to drive enterprise-wide digital transformation, through capability development & investment strategy, and digital talent programmes (coaching & mentoring, succession planning); facilitated APAC omni-channel communities of expertise to redefine organisation-wide learning & sharing culture.
- Extended brand reach by +30% across APAC markets, in applying 80/15/5 media investment strategy and putting forth principles of media operating governance.[Talk about your contributions (and the approaches you took on to achieve them) to the company and how it affected the operations in the relevant locations where possible.]
- Exceeded EC channel sales by RM86M with revenue CAGR +20%, factoring for >60% of APAC business growth contribution; top 5 e-KAs achieved steady revenue growth at CAGR of >40%.[Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Deployed 3 strategic EC acceleration initiatives in APAC that delivered incremental sales of RM200K – RM5M.
- D2C grew by +70%, reaching 10% of overall EC business sales contribution in APAC, through implementation and acceleration of 4 new business models (FGS, social commerce, Shop in Shop, ecosystem based commerce).
- Increased digital maturity readiness by +15% in rolling out enterprise-wide digital transformation.
- Drove strategic global e-commerce & sales knowledge management initiatives and determined priorities for business intelligence strategy; developed e-business plans across categories and channels in Europe and Latin America for global customers, and prescribed processes needed to fortify global e-commerce capabilities.[Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Engaged with retailers at both global and local levels to position ASD Co. as critical partner and build online category captaincy; worked with IKAMs to select e-commerce counterparts for international agreements.
- Led e-commerce projects and T&L initiatives, managing and influencing key business units and e-retailers throughout adoption of new standards in industry.
- Launched local workshops, animated e-commerce community and networked with start-ups, agencies and other CPGs, sharing widely on ASD Co.’s vision, ambition and scope for e-commerce, enabling strong digital ecosystem.
- Supervised global business intelligence strategy that supported sales enablement; analysed and communicated on strategic updates including business & category trends, retail & consumer insights and priority knowledge solutions.
- Accelerated global ecommerce plans (JBP) with global customers, growing opportunity pipeline through strategic business reviews; key contributor in customers’ internal meetings on status quo and priorities.
- Launched transversal projects collaborating with external partners and digital agencies to test and learn for best practices; projects covered areas in precision marketing/targeted couponing, gamification, consumer insights, etc.
- Developed business intelligence strategy on shopper/retail environment, partnering external major key agencies and cultivated effective ongoing global relationships based on trust.
- Managed development of digital acceleration roadmap, including markets onboarding, foundations building, driving functional expertise, influencing digital budget & resource allocation; partnered global markets to roll out projects, supporting double digit KPI growth & elevating digital maturity across APAC.[Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Identified key digital business trends and growth opportunities shaping developments of new ecommerce strategies; established financial forecasts, must-win battles and capabilities required to maximize growth.
- Strengthened relationships with key leading local/regional players, to identify cross-functional initiatives that fuel growth and efficiencies, aligning with strategic business and category priorities.
- Accelerated key digital commerce capabilities by organizing digital events, incorporating regional structural process, and animating demand communities; fostered regional BPs sharing and built collaborative teams.
- Worked closely with HR, effectively driving digital transformation agenda supporting talent acquisitions and organizational design to invest ahead of the digital growth curve.
- Gained revenue growth of +18% CAGR, contributing to 31% of total sales generated for APAC, through progressive execution of digital marketing & transformation initiatives.
- Onboarded 4 key strategic markets, developing tactical business thrusts and action plans for optimal results.
- Generated NSV growth for Korea and ANZ by +RM20M in 4Y, with revenue CAGR of +50% and >10 FTEs, following implementation of strategic digital transformational plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Developed regional portfolio of 5 key omni-players across APAC, strengthening ecommerce & cross functional approaches (category, joint value creation, executional priorities) towards robust sustainable business growth.
- Grew digital maturity readiness by +30%, through comprehensive share & learn agenda to build digital capabilities.
- Drove all sales activities covering product listing negotiations, promotions, brand merchandising and price optimisation, managing HM/SM portfolio turnover of RM15M (equivalent to 60% of independent stores).
- Implemented 2 successful local projects (promotion operations) and handled budget of up to RM20K.
- Master in Global Management & Affairs; International Finance | Malaysia Management University | Malaysia | 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Management | National University of Malaysia | Malaysia | 2008
- Languages: Fluent in English, Bahasa Melayu and Chinese
- Nationality: Malaysian
- Availability: 1 Month’s Notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Bonus Job Hunting Tips for E-Commerce Director
It’s a terrific time to be in the e-commerce field! Companies are increasingly turning to online retail (some even shifting completely), and the e-commerce industry is expected to grow tremendously over the next few years.
Interested in climbing the ranks to a senior leadership E-Commerce role? Here’s what you need to know about being an E-Commerce Director:
An E-Commerce director oversees sales and distributions of products through online shopping platforms, generally the company or brands’ own channels, and partners’ or key customers’ channels too. E-Commerce directors must be strategically minded and relationship savvy, as they typically collaborate closely with cross functional and external partners to drive all aspects of e-commerce.
This may include devising e-commerce strategies, analysing channel effectiveness and sales performance, running marketing and promotional campaigns, web optimisation and analytics, and forecasting business and sales projections.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in E-Commerce Director Resumes
- Clearly communicate your key strengths and abilities in e-commerce, and breadth of the scope you’ve handled. E-commerce is a relatively broad field, so doing this gives the hiring manager a clearer idea of your capabilities.
- Ensure you include keywords relevant to the job description! In the case of an E-Commerce Director, this includes role-specific keywords such as ‘direct to consumer’ or ‘omnichannel strategy’’, and skill keywords such as ‘digital strategy’, or ‘channel management’, that are vital to the role.
- Of course, don’t just pepper your CV with keywords – the best E-Commerce practitioners are able to demonstrate their capabilities with hard evidence. State your most significant achievements to the company, and mention metrics that show channel, revenue, or sales growth.
E-Commerce Director Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.
FREE CV ANALYSIS
Not sure your CV is up to task?
100% FREE and non-obligatory.