Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Admin Officer in Malaysia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Admin Officer Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In Admin Officer Resumes
- Admin Officer Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Admin Officer CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Admin Officer resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
- Administrative Officer with 5 years of experience in performing various administrative functions, including office management and governing facilities for MNC in the engineering sector.
- Proven track record of achieving annual cost savings of MYR 50’000 by optimising purchasing procedures of office supplies and equipment.
- Proven ability to review and refine internal processes and documentation systems, resulting in reduction of manpower costs by 28%.
- Manage full spectrum of administrative duties for offices in Malaysia and Singapore, including office maintenance, procurement and purchasing of supplies, contract negotiation, and office set up; work with team of 7 administrative officers to support total employee base of 230 [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about this role as it clearly states the focus of the responsibility and the size of the team.]
- Perform secretarial duties for HR and Admin Director, including setting up appointments, recording minutes of meetings, and organising travel arrangements [These are the usual phrases used in administrative resumes. Toss in some jargons here and there.]
- Assist in reviewing and refining internal processes and documentation systems; conceptualise and implement office policies aimed to improve employees’ productivity and achieve cost savings.
- Handle customer and vendor relationship by meticulously sourcing external vendors for office supplies and equipment and handling contract negotiations
- Achieved annual cost savings of MYR 50’000 by optimising purchasing procedures of office supplies and equipment and encouraging competition among suppliers to drive down unit costs [Cite metrics to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Optimised and refined multiple complex processes including inventory control, purchasing, mail processing, courier savings, and procurement into a simple, automated documentation system, resulting in significant reduction of manpower cost by 28% and improved audit controls. [The more data you can provide, the better.]
- Received “Best Employee of the Year” in 2015 for performing above expectations and establishing good relationship among team members. Promoted from Secretary to Administrative Officer in 2014 [Don’t be shy to mention your awards and promotions; you’ve earned them!]
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Vocational Training Council, Malaysia | 2012
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: Fluent in English, Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
About the Admin Officer Role
Administrative officers can be considered as unsung heroes in the office because they play a significant role in an organisation. They manage day-to-day operations of the business, provide secretarial support and personal assistance to senior executives, and take care of the needs and welfare of employees.
As such, admin officers — sometimes called admin assistants or admin executives — are essential requirements in many Malaysia firms, and administrative jobs are almost always available. If you are planning to apply for one, it is important that you create an outstanding resume that highlights your skills and qualifications as an administrative officer.
To do this, we are sharing with you this ultimate guide on how to write an administrative officer resume according to our house guidelines and best practices.
What Hiring Managers Look For in an Admin Officer Resume
- Well-Roundedness and Versatility: It is important for an admin officer to be able to perform a wide spectrum of duties and responsibilities. Thus, make sure to highlight on your CV characteristics such as flexibility, versatility, well-roundedness, and openness to learn new things. From performing secretarial duties to assisting in purchasing and logistics to helping out in refining organisational processes, hiring managers should see these vast skill sets you are capable of implementing.
- Excellent Comprehension and Communication Skills: As an admin officer, you will be receiving a lot of requests, instructions, and orders from different employees in the organisation. Good administrative executives should be able to understand instructions well in order to execute them properly and communicate the right information to the right staff.
- High Level of Productivity: Admin officers are often the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and facilitating office operations such as employee training, office supplies and equipment, building security, and overall safety and welfare of all employees. The best admin officers understand the needs of each employee and possess the ability to fulfil their requirements to help them work comfortably and productively on a day to day basis. They are very efficient, detail oriented, and highly productive.
- Add strength to your CV by mentioning key accomplishments you achieved either on your own or as part of a team. These accomplishments can further be established by citing quantifiable results and significant metrics.
- Speak about office projects you’ve done that added efficiency to the team or that has been pivotal to the business’ growth. Include results of your actions to further support your success, such as improvement in employees’ productivity or reduction in turnover rate.
Administrative Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.
FREE CV ANALYSIS
Not sure your CV is up to task?
100% FREE and non-obligatory.