Here’s a sample Cover Letter we recently produced for an Admin Assistant in Malaysia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Admin Assistant Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In Admin Assistant Cover Letter
- Admin Assistant Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Admin Assistant Cover Letter [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Admin Assistant Cover Letter sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Senior Executive Assistant for CEO at XYZ Ltd. Through my 18-year career, I’ve come to specialise in Administration, Office Management, Travel Management and Project Management. I’ve led multiple contract negotiations and renovation projects and am familiar across everything from employee-onboarding to financial handling & event management. With a proven track record ensuring smooth operations and identifying cost saving opportunities, I am confident that I will be able to deliver efficient and effective office management and administrative support for XYZ. [Match your skills and strengths to the job and industry requirements, and include a brief overview of your experience. Share metrics if you have them to provide context and scale for your work]
- Presently, I am Executive Assistant with QWE International, where I am responsible for managing all secretarial and administrative matters within the firm, with an emphasis on travel and facility management. In addition, I direct large-scale events (across APAC), stakeholder management and advise the Managing Director on long-term travel plans to reduce travel costs for the firm.
- Amongst my various achievements during my tenure, I am most proud of having spearheaded negotiations for 2 major office renovation projects, securing a combined total of over 30% savings on Office, Travel & Event Management. [Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
XYZ is regionally known for the quality of its services within the IT industry globally. My background in Office, Stakeholder and Event management, coupled with my practical experience in contract negotiations and office renovations will allow me to contribute effectively to XYZ’s continued growth and performance. In particular, I am positive I will be able to once again identify opportunities to minimise office and event costs, generate ideas to streamline processes, and help XYZ company thrive in the increasingly competitive market conditions we are facing today. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +60 12 1234 5678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Finally, end your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide your contact details.]
About the Admin Assistant Role
Office support professionals, such as admin assistants, are often the unsung heroes of companies across all industries. Administrative assistants aid in performing an organisation’s administrative and day-to-day tasks. While sometimes overlooked, they form the backbone of any company’s operations; admin assistants are indispensable in keeping the office running efficiently and smoothly, and support a variety of business functions. They often have to manage many moving parts and deal with challenging situations at the same time. Today, they are also expected to adopt more technologies in their work.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Admin Assistant Cover Letters
- Your background in ensuring smooth operations within the company and performing various administrative functions and office management tasks.
- Your contributions to process improvement and optimisation, as well as productivity improvement (if any) – these will give you a huge advantage over your competition.
- Your eye for detail and ability to assist senior executives, directors, and managers and perform secretarial duties
- Bonus points if you possess basic accounting capabilities and/or are able to support data and research functions.
Admin Assistant Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.
FREE CV ANALYSIS
Not sure your CV is up to task?
100% FREE and non-obligatory.